Sunday, August 30, 2026
The Magic Faraway Tree
This was a so so children's movie. It was based on Enid Blyton's novels. The first of the series was written in 1939. I think that the problem with this movie is that there is too much of a need to make the fantasy world hip for modern viewers. If it was more old fashioned maybe it would have been better. Andrew Garfield and his wife move out into the country to grow tomatoes. He brings his kids who are disgruntled about leaving technology behind and moving to the middle of nowhere. They discover a fantasy world in the forest. The villain was underdeveloped. I think more time should have been spent on that. I put an interlibrary loan on a book from Enid Blyton. I'm curious about the series this was based on. Still it's not the worst movie I've seen in the theatre this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment