Tuesday, July 21, 2026
The man who had his hair cut short
This Belgian film made it on someone's 1001 Films you must see before you die list. I thought it was ok but it wouldn't be on my list. It's about a schoolteacher who obsesses over a student so much that he changes professions. He runs into her years later and she asks him to shoot her. Later he spirals down so much he in put in a mental hospital. I think this is a good movie about obsession how it can mess with the reality of life and particularly of the person of your obsession. The girl he had a crush on isn't innocent at all. In fact she is connected to a corpse he saw just a few days before meeting her again. I think there are many European gems that were made in the past that have gotten lost in time. Thank goodness for youtube.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment